Adventures with Mrs. Key

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Just a little racing and shopping

I love teaching, but I also love my weekend family time. I really love the days that I can stay in my pajamas and blog-stalk play on the internet all day. I always manage to find school stuff to work on. There are too many people that have such great ideas. I did take a break from school work yesterday to clean my house. In the afternoon, the family and I went to my hubs and sons kart race. Nicholas, my 12 year old son, won first place. Whoop! Whoop! Way to go, Nicholas!












Well, you know you can't go to a different city without visiting Wal-Mart and the Dollar Tree! Before the race, my girls and I decided to do a little browsing that ended with me buying tons of stuff for my classroom. Oddly, that always happens. I can't figure out why. If I could, I might not spend nearly as much. Ha! Yeah right!! Who am I kidding??!! Some of my favorite buys came from the Dollar Tree. I bought 2-4 of each item! :-)









*The dominoes are for us to use in math.
*The drawing boards, magnets and stencils are for Word Work. I LOVE the Daily 5!! 
  Thanks to a sweet co-worker!
*The nails will be used as pointers. I have several different types of pointers for my
  little loves to use when reading instead of just using their finger, but I couldn't pass
  the little nails up.

I also found some things clearanced out at Wal-Mart. Anyone who knows me knows that I am extremely cheap frugal. I found a pink floor lamp for $4, 52 pieces of large side-walk chalk for $2, and another crate for $1.50. I was super-de-duper excited about the crate because I made 10 crate seats over the summer, but I only had 9 crates. Maybe that 10th crate seat will make my room feel complete..nah, probably not.

Shhh...I think I hear another load of laundry calling my name. I better get to it! Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment