Adventures with Mrs. Key

Monday, April 8, 2013

Ouch! We wore band-aids all day!

Last week and this week, we have been working on the /ow/ as in cow and /ou/ as in ouch sounds. Fun...huh? Yes, I think so! 
This morning, I got out some band-aids and wrote 'ou' on all of them.  Since we focused on the /ow/ sound last week and quickly talked about the /ou/ sound, my kiddos knew exactly what to expect today, and they read the /ou/ words like super stars! Wearing the band-aids were just a fun little touch to our learing. 



Can I say that the Color Run was Fan-tas-tic!!!! It was so much fun. Partly because I was in great company.

This was me before. I'm all nice and clean!

 This is me after. I was very colorful! Can you see the excitement on my face?!!

 This is my best teacher friend. She's the one who talked me into doing the Color Run! I'm so glad I let her talk me into it. 

This is the whole group of "Dashing Darling's".

The colorful socks made it even better. My best teacher friend and I have on the wild zebra socks. 
We definitely want to do it again!

There are some amazing giveaways going on by some of the sweetest bloggers I've "met". Click on the pictures to check each one out. 




post signature

12 comments:

  1. Love the "ou" bandaids. What a great way to get them to remember the sound!! :) Thanks for sharing!

    Kelly
    First Grade Fairytales

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your color run does look like it was loads of fun:) I love the idea of writing on the bandaids and having the kids wear them all day. What a great way to have the lesson stick.
    Maria
    First Grade Carousel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my stars! It was loads of fun! I seriously want to do it again.

      Delete
  3. So fun! I live in Nashville and didn't get signed up in time. I am not missing it next year! I'm your newest follower :)
    Elizabeth
    Kickin' it in Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  4. The run looks like so much fun!
    I love your "ou" lesson! I am going to have to do this!
    Julie
    Ms. Shope's Class

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE LOVE LOVE the band-aid idea! Thanks for sharing. I'm your newest follower!

    Angie
    Monahan Monkey Madness

    ReplyDelete
  6. I TOTALLY need to do the "ou" band-aids, so cute!!
    Colleen :-)
    Fun and Fearless in First

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found you through Kelly's 400+ giveaway. Cute Color Run photos- love the socks! I did that too when they came through my town.

    Gwen
    Learning With Mrs. Brinn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your help with the postcard project! I gave you a shout out on my blogpost tonight!
    Shine On!

    Michele
    The Lightbulb Lab

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that band-aid idea. It's just too cute... and actually so are you- those Color Run pictures are great.

    Cindy
    Granny Goes to School

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just found your blog through First Grade Fairytales giveaway. I love the bandaid idea. It's amazing how something so simple can help students remember. I've never done the Color Run but I'm signed up for the Electric Run this summer. You should check it out. Like the Color Run but, at night.
    Meghan
    First Grade Hugs and High Fives

    ReplyDelete