Adventures with Mrs. Key

Friday, August 1, 2014

Tracking Student Success with Accelerated Reader


Follow on Bloglovin

Hello all! It has been months since I have been a part of the blogging world. It has been so long that something crazy happened to all of my pictures on my little 'ol blog. I think it is something to do with Picasa or Google+. It's something that I didn't even realize I was using. I'm not going to sweat the small stuff. I'm going to pick up the pieces that are left and move on! :) My goal is to try to blog a little more now that I have finished getting my masters degree. I love reading everyone's ideas, and I enjoy sharing.

I have been working to get things ready for my classroom. I have a small little issue...I keep changing things. I can't seem to help myself. As I learn more and more about making things cuter, I become a bit obsessed with making new stuff.

Anyway, I wanted to share something I made this week. In my classroom, I like to keep track of Accelerated Reader points. My students get very motivated to move their jeep as they earn more points. It is so much fun to watch my students get excited about reading. I hand drew the jeeps, colored them, and cut them out. They are laminated with a magnet on the back, so they will stick to the board. At the beginning of the school year, I will take pictures of my students and print them small enough to tape them to the jeep. If you'd like to use this, I posted it to TpT for free.

Click either picture to check out this freebie! 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment